Page 5 of 135 FirstFirst 123456789101555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Hybrid View

Thanks

There are 3 games that bugs me. Please help me to find their names.

1) Found
    There was a demo that I played once many years before and I would like to find it's name.

Platform: PC (windows 95/98)
    Demo Date: between 1997 to 2000

This game is a 2D top down shooter. You control a futuristic tank. Tank can be controlled by arrow keys and turret can be independently controlled by mouse. (in these days pleople call this genre as twin stick shooter, at that time I have never seen something similar on PC)

Environment (at least demo stage) is a plant covered planet. Green dominant plants and colorful flowers. Game screen is not scrolling by itself. You can go wherever you want, but eventually, you have to go from point A to point B

If I can recall correctly, everything has a rounded shape. Player controlled tank is not hard edged. Some joints used in the game are made of small spheres and bullets are spheres as well.

Searched like hell on dozens of old game magasines & web sites and finally found it
    Gromada
    687094656.jpg687053078.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------
    2) Found
    Played only once, then arcade cabined removed. I could never see it again.

Platform: Coin Op Arcade
    Year: between 1990-1996 (may be wrong)
    identify point: Unique Joystick. Standart 4 way joystick with a 360 degree rotateable top piece to control the upper body of the soldier.
    loop244.jpg Arcade-Rotary-stick.jpg

You control a soldier in a forest. You can hunt deers and get ammo from them. Arcade cabinet has a quite unique joystick. Soldier can be controlled freely by moving 4 way stick. But the top part of that joystick can be rotated 360 degrees and this adjusts the soldiers upper body. So you can go north while looking east.

This game is very similar to Guerrilla War. (they have the same rotating joystick top mechanics)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerrilla_War_(video_game)

I have just found the game while searching the images of it's unique rotating joystick.
    Caliber .50

----------------------------------------------------------
    3) I could never find the answer of this question. Many people thinks that I dreamed of this game and it never existed ! Please help me to find it.

Platform: Coin Op Arcade
    Year: between 1990-1996 (may be wrong)
    Genre: isometric modern car race (Arcade console has a steering wheel).

Gameplay is very similar to "Mille Miglia: Great 1000 Miles Rally". You control a modern car. Environment is very gloomy. Sometimes it rains. Car has a quite realistic headligh effects which can be seen at dark tunnels. Player car is plain metallic grey and it doesn't have colorful stickers such as games written below.

these are very similar but it is not one of these games:
    Mille Miglia: Great 1000 Miles Rally
    Mille Miglia 2
    World Rally
    Drift Out '94
    Neo Drift Out
    Trash Rally (viewpoint is not like this game. this ones viewport is exact top down)
    OverTop (this game has a terrible headlight effect compared to the one that I mention)

I have asked this last one many times before... Please help me to find this one.

Thank you
    Last edited by stonegolem; 15th-March-2012 at 11:52. Reason: update

Thanks

Default 3D N64 Fighting Game

Unfortunately the only character I remember from this game was a blue guy made of some sort of energy, similar to Dr. Manhatten from the Watchmen film/comics, only less human. As in muscles less defined sort of transparenty, with no facial features. He could transform his arms into spikes which he would use to stab the other character. It was only 2 players, I know for a fact my copy was on the N64 but for all I know it could have been multiplatform. The gameplay was 3D ala Tekken/Soul Calibur. Thanks for the help and good luck to the both of us!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Monofthedead View Post
    Unfortunately the only character I remember from this game was a blue guy made of some sort of energy, similar to Dr. Manhatten from the Watchmen film/comics, only less human. As in muscles less defined sort of transparenty, with no facial features. He could transform his arms into spikes which he would use to stab the other character. It was only 2 players, I know for a fact my copy was on the N64 but for all I know it could have been multiplatform. The gameplay was 3D ala Tekken/Soul Calibur. Thanks for the help and good luck to the both of us!
    That game is Dark Rift. The character you're thinking of is Morphix. Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5nGnG60SJ8

Enjoy!
    CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL I'M SO WAAAAACCKYYYYYYY

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HowlerMonkey For This Useful Post:

Thanks

A psx game, adventure, u play as some mankey-a-like char, and collect elemental powers to advance in lvl's...

Thanks
    EP Points

I remember playing this game on the NES when I was like 3 years old so excuse the lack of details but here we go;

All I remember is it was an overhead space shooter (same sort of system as 1942). The whole game took place against a starry background, the earlier bosses consisted of large spaceships which eventually graduated to larger spaceships. Ring any bells?

inb4 life force, wrong game.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    I remember playing this game on the NES when I was like 3 years old so excuse the lack of details but here we go;

All I remember is it was an overhead space shooter (same sort of system as 1942). The whole game took place against a starry background, the earlier bosses consisted of large spaceships which eventually graduated to larger spaceships. Ring any bells?

Could be "Galactic Crusader"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSCdtY9M9Ec

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post

Could be Star Soldier. Check into that one.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FlavaFlave For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFave View Post
    Could be Star Soldier. Check into that one.
    That looks like it. Thanks
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Im trying to remember the name of a game I played 10-15 years ago. It was faux-3d if i recall but more smrpg style... Not doom style.

You were a working man, and something happened, and next thing you know you're stuck somewhere without any of your tools. You have to find your tools (screwdriver etc) to get past obstacles. It was a puzzle game iirc.

Thanks

Alright when the ps2 came out the console came with a demo disk and I played it, there is this one particular game ive been looking for ever since i played it and it was on that demo disk, if anyone can just name all of the demo games that came on that disk ill take it from there and if you need more elaboration, all i can remember is that it was based in the jungle and i was on a wooden water raft, and the game ended when i reached a water fall or something and the character i was playing with wasnt human, the game was really colorful too.... Thats all I got. I would really appreciate it if someone helped me out with this one.
    Last edited by Viataf; 27th-April-2012 at 22:56.

I think my work here is finished.

*Stay Golden.*

Thanks

The game I'm looking for is most likely for the Sega Saturn. It's one of those spaceship (I'm leaning towards side-scrolling but could've been vertical) games but I don't think you were fighting in space. You fought the first level boss over water/in the air, it was huge (took up whole screen) and had some kind of hooked tail thing. The second level was some kind of swamp. I wish I remembered more about it, I'd really like to play it. If anyone wants to throw suggestions at me (even multiple suggestions) that'd be awesome! Thanks.

Thanks

Alright... played this game long time ago..

What I remember is it's SNES you are a lil man with a jet Pack.. and you can go inside different kinds of robots each robot has different types of ability's one robot was a "ball" another one was this big dude who can make blocks underneath him to walk on...another robot had a like a turbo jet and he can use a chain... very coool fun game...
    Last edited by MemoryLapse; 5th-May-2012 at 05:56.

Thanks

the game was a futuristic racing/ sports game. like a mix between inline skateing games and car racing. there were people in suits of metal with wheels on there hands. i know it was a ps1 game. if i remember right it had a techno sound track. thats all i got but i hope someone can figgure this one out. ive been racking my brain for the last 7 years trying to remember it.

SOLVE Kinetica for the ps2 not ps1 >.<
    Last edited by Anthony Sphon; 21st-June-2012 at 01:01.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Sphon View Post
    the game was a futuristic racing/ sports game. like a mix between inline skateing games and car racing. there were people in suits of metal with wheels on there hands. i know it was a ps1 game. if i remember right it had a techno sound track. thats all i got but i hope someone can figgure this one out. ive been racking my brain for the last 7 years trying to remember it.

unsolved
    Kinetica for the PS2 had racers wearing metal suits with wheels on their hands and feet. Are you sure it was on PS1?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kool Aid Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks

What is the Zelda game that makes you hook up four Game Boy Advances through a link cable, so you can play co-op?