Quote Originally Posted by futurest View Post
It could be worth testing out these games on the clone then to see if they have the same issues? Or whatever you think might be the best approach.
I'm reluctant to randomly test games for people using that cart.
I don't think any of those games are exclusive variants or anything but please correct me if I'm wrong.

There is a limit to how many times you can flash roms to the cart before it becomes unusable. I think for the genuine carts it's something like 10,000 flashes or whatever (I honesty can't remember the actual number atm), but the cheap Chinese clones probably don't last that long. The clones carts are cheap straight from China (might take a little while to arrive atm though) and the original consoles are still cheap and easy to find. Maybe the "better" versions might cost a little more and be less easy to find though.

The portables I may have never seriously considered buying since many people now seem to think they're worth more than they should be. But I got all of mine for next to nothing... I think one was free, I do have one boxed but all are/were preowned. I don't think there's any difference between the clones and "genuine" ones, except the packaging and maybe the sticker on the back of the console itself.